Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hey everybody!!


(Ignore the post title if you think it sounds funny because if you do, I agree with you. One of those spure of the moment things I guess)

I finally finished Gone With the Wind and loved the entire book from cover to cover!! It was awesomely written and I can not WAIT until I watch the movie!! Margarett Mitchell was aparently a great writer. And if anyone were to ask me the question "When you go to heaven, who would you most like to meet?" I would whole-heartedly answer "Margarett Mitchell, of course, and to anyone else I say fiddle-dee-dee!!" and start laughing uncontrollebly=)

I totally agree with the book's main theme. Mitchell was quoted on the final page of her novel to have said that this story was a story about people with gumption. And it is true that a person needs to have gumption (the ability to take what is given them in life and turn it into a benefactor) or else they will fail at anything they begin-that is, if they have the gumption to start anything in the fist place.

Everyone is given the same oppurtunities in life, yet, there are people who take advantage of those opporunities and an even greater number of people who choose not to. The people without gumption are those who use the phrase 'I can't' and then feel okay about themselves later. It's not okay to say you can't do anything other than fly-and even that you can do with an airplane. And to even think that is a bad thing.

But, there are those people who give up on life saying that they live in the real world and that there is no place for dreams to be accomplished while in waking hours. Every human being has a dream. And, as long as you are alive, you have a right to accomplish your dream. So, there is no reason to give up and say I can't. That kind of thinking gets you nothing but micery-and that is the point of Gone with the Wind. I have always thought this but there is something gratifing about seeing it one paper.

And, on that note, I must leave this blog and write someswhere else. TT4N!!

No comments: