Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm In Transition

I'm in transition right now because I've had so much bad luck over the past couple of months and now things are beginning to look up-finally! I now have a job and more car will be working again shortly. I will also be able to take care of my bills on time in a few weeks; my finances will be in order. I am so happy today!

I've been paying some attention to the presidental campaign trail and have noticed that Barak Obama is being constently endorsed by celebreties like Oprah Winfrey and Pete Wentz from Panic of the Disco. I'm glad that celebreties are particpating in the American process; ther involvement, however, is turning Barak Obama into a celebrety. This is not good. The President is the leader of our country. He or she is to represent America; he or she should concentrate on our needs and not resemble a celebrity in any way. Celebrities aren't leaders; they concern themselves with only themselves (their next movie or album, their endorsments, businesses, their appearence-basically making money) and that's fine for them. But a president should concern themselves with the interests of the people and making America a better country.

Also, nowadays, many people seem to be more concerned with celebrities and their day-to-day activies (no matter how frivolous and unneccessary). Many people are no longer expressing their opinions but following the actions of celebrities. So, I'm afraid that people may only vote for those canadites their favorite celebrities are endorsing at the present time. Gone are the days when people follow the issues and make their own decisions. This isn't good, either.

Conclusion: Politics and Celebrity should remain seperate.
(I hope this doesn't insult any celebrities who pass by this blog-I really don't want to insult anyone. I just felt it needed to be said).

P.S: I apologize for that video I posted a few comments ago. The one that, at one time was of Willy Denzy performing 'Bet On It,' is now a black box with a caution sign in it's center. Sorry...I had no idea that would happen...

G2G!!

No comments: